Last updated 19 November 2017.
This continuously updated page includes all current promotions for major chains, including Accor, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, Shangri-La and Starwood.
I also track discount codes for the two most popular booking websites – Hotels.com and Expedia.
Sofitel, Pullman, Raffles, Fairmont, Mercure, Swissotel, Sebel, Novotel, IBIS, 25hours, MAMA Shelter, Adagio, Jo&JOE, HotelF1.
Official sign-up link: Le Club AccorHotels
- Accor Private Sale (until 23 November 2017): Up to 50% off worldwide. Detailed post here.
- 4x Points (until 14 January 2018): Earn 4x points on new hotels. Official registration link.
- A$75 cashback on purchases of A$300 or more using AMEX (until 22 Dec 2017): AMEX cardholders only. Official registration link.
- Instant Gold status: Australians can get instant Le Club AccorHotels Gold by signing up for a IBIS Business Card (€90 per year). Details on official IBIS website.
Conrad, Canopy, Curio, Hilton, DoubleTree , Embassy Suites, Garden Inn, Hampton, Homewood Suites, Home2 Suites, Hilton Grand Vacations, Waldorf Astoria, Tru, Tapestry Collection.
Official sign-up link: Hilton Honors
Maximizing benefits: The Australian guide to Hilton Honors
Note: these offers are stackable – register for them all!
- Double Points (until 31 December 2017): All hotel stays. Official registration link.
- Double Points on VISA (until 31 December 2017): Double points when paid using VISA cards. Official registration link.
- Bonus 500 Points using App: Earn bonus points by using the app to book. Official registration link.
More regional promotions
Hilton frequently runs regional promotions that can be useful when going overseas. The best way to keep track is by looking at Hilton Honor’s offers page.
- Australians can fast track to Gold through Virgin Velocity and several credit cards – explained in the Hilton Honors guide.
Andaz, Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, Park Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, Hyatt Residence Club.
Official sign-up link: World of Hyatt
- Double Points (until December 31): Earn double points on all stays. Official registration link.
InterContinental, Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Candlewood Suites, Staybridge Suites, Even, Kimpton.
Official sign-up link: IHG Rewards Club
- Q3 Accelerate (until 31 December 2017): IHG members receive personalized offers based on their profile, register and check on IHG’s website.
- Instant Gold Elite status: InterContinental has a separate rewards program called Ambassador. It costs USD$200 to join and USD$150 to renew. Members receive a range of benefits at InterContinental hotels and instant Gold Elite status with IHG Rewards Club.
Marriott, Ritz-Carlton, AC Hotels, Courtyard, Residence Inn, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Edition, Delta Hotels, Gaylord, Fairfield, Towneplace Suites, Protea Hotels.
Official sign-up link: Marriott Rewards
- Q3 MegaBonus (until 31 November 2017): Make two stays at Marriott Rewards hotels and get one free night voucher, redeemable at category 1 – 5 hotels. Official registration link.
Shangri-La, Kerry Hotel, Traders, Hotel Jen.
Official sign-up link: Shangri-La Golden Circle
- Discount redemption (until 31 December 2017): 25 – 40% off the amount of points for free night redemptions, for stays until 28 February 2018. Discount automatically applied at redemption.
St. Regis, Westin, Sheraton, W Hotels, Four Points, Le Méridien, Aloft, Element, Tribute Portfolio, Design Hotels, The Luxury Collection.
Official sign-up link: Starwood Preferred Guest
- Q4 Explore More (until 30 November 2017): Earn bonus 1,000 points at premium hotels, 500 points at budget hotels, and 10,000 points after 25 nights, for stays until 15 January 2018.
More regional promotions
SPG constantly runs regional promotions – these usually exclude Australian hotels but can be useful if going overseas. The best way to keep track is by visiting your SPG Dashboard.
Instant Gold/Platinum: SPG offer a status challenge for those that have not completed one before and did not hold elite status in the last 5 years. Gold is awarded after 9 nights (normally 15) and Platinum after 18 nights (normally 50). Details on SPG website.
UBER Partnership (until 17 December 2017): Earn SPG Starpoints by taking UBER rides. This partnership is ending on 17 December 2017, but points can still be earned before then, by registering on SPG’s website.
Note: Major chain hotels are usually excluded, and using a discount code prevents the stay from counting towards Hotels.com 10 Nights 1 Free Rewards program.
- AUPAY10 (until 31 December 2017): 10% off when booking with PayPal. To book, login to PayPal -> Go Shopping -> Hotels.com.
- VISA8 (until 31 December 2017): 8% off when using booking with VISA card. Book on VISA’s website.
- MOB5: 5% off when booking through iPhone/iPad app.
Note: Major chain hotels are usually excluded.
- MASTERAU12 (until 31 December 2017): 12% off. Book on Expedia’s website.